History:

The Miami Boat Club started as the Island Canoe Club in 1897, and later was renamed to the Miami Club in 1907, when it was purchased by members of the Camargo Country Club.  In the 1920s, the Miami Club flourished as a "Speak-Easy" for members to get around prohibition. In the 1930s, the Miami Club was renamed to Miami Boat Club to give members reciprocity with other yacht clubs around the United States.

 

In the 1950s and 1960s, the NASHY group, led by King Harrison, brought the bigggest Jazz acts of the day for private concerts, including Frank Sinatra, Count Basie, Woody Herman, Stan Kenton, Buddy Rich, Cab Calloway, and Harry Belafonte. You can read more about the Island Canoe Club, and see the deed where the original club was sold to the Miami Club Inc. for the sum of $1 and other gratuities in 1946, by clicking the links below.

Woody Herman Live

Click Here to see restoration Videos from 2005-2008:

Inside & Paver
 
Downloads